we worship the Coriolis force
The Isadorino Gore Dance Cooperative (2012) was founded by Sasha Portyannikova and Daria Plokhova, alumnae of the Vaganova Ballet Academy.
Sasha and Daria are independent choreographers, dancers and educators. They regard dance as a cultural phenomenon, which they explore via the collective’s dance performances, instruction in contemporary dance technique, constant experiments and research of various movements/art forms.
Their moniker, Isadorino Gore, is a play on words that references pioneer of modern dance—Isadora Duncan, and the Russian fairy tale—“Fedora’s Sorrow,” making its direct translation (“Isadora’s Sorrow”) kind of a joke.
We are dance cooperative Isadorino Gore, flesh and blood of Russian dance hyperreality—we take on everything we see on, and beyond, this reality’s surface.
Incidentally and haphazardly, we rely on institutional marginality and cultivate marginal institutionalism. We moonlight, developing bodily futuristic imagination and liberate internal organs from preconceived notions and myofascia from hegemonic politics.
• Sensuality Elective
• PUST* /interdisciplinary project: light, dance, sound, finding/created objects and documents
• conference Coordinate System (Berlin)
• The Mass Structure / site-specific performance
• Escalation of Heroism / site-specific performance
• Avatar / solo Denis Boroditsky - award of the Union of theatrical figures
• Snail on the Slope / street performance
• Hiding Celebrations / site-specific performance created in a fountain Stone Flower
• Cocoon / site-specific performance(Garage Museum of Contemporary Art, Moscow)
• Behind the Iron Curtain / site-specific performance
• Regional Body / performance / research / installation
• Bubble Dream / outdoor site-specific performance
• Ai–yai–yai performance or Harmonic Oscillator / performance-installation
• Lezginka Today / dance performance
• Point of View / site-specific performance
• qr_trip / performance-study / series of performances held in Pskov, Jurmala, Riga and Moscow
• Waterline / site-specific performance
• Bench / street performance
• He was her husband / gallery performance (ART re.FLEX gallery, St. Petersburg)
• Cake with meaning / street performance
• Let's Lack / dance performance /created in iaab residence in frame of Culturescapes festival (Basel, Switzerland)